You can use our Contact Form, or the contact details on our website, to contact us with any questions you may have about privacy or data protection.
We’ll use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
The Website - www.kjmgroup.co.uk
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website comply's to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites)
KJM Group Ltd the owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts in the future. At the time of writing (June 2018) there were NO external linking adverts on this site. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
KJM Group is committed to open and honest communication. We actively use social media channels, since they provide an opportunity for us to engage with our customers in a public forum. If you’d like to be part of the KJM Group home improvement community, follow us on:
KJM Group supports the use of social media. However, any third-party content posted through social media channels maintained by us should not be taken as an endorsement of such information. Links to websites and other resources operated by parties other than KJM Group (“Third-Party Information”) are provided solely as a convenience to the user. We do not control such Third-Party Information, and are not responsible and disclaim any liability for the content, products, services or information offered by any third parties.
The inclusion of links to such Third-Party Information on the page does not imply any endorsement of any content, products or services offered, advertised, endorsed or promoted by any third party, or of any company or person. If you decide to access any Third-Party Information or acquire any third-party products or services, you do so entirely at your own risk, and you may be subject to the terms and conditions and the privacy policies imposed by such third parties.
Third-party sources generally state that the information contained therein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but there can be no assurance as to the accuracy or completeness of included information. Although believed to be reliable, management of KJM Group has not independently verified any of the data from third-party sources.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls This is an example: http://bit.ly/zyViuBo
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
You are not required (by law or by any contract with us) to provide personal information to us via this website. We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request.
Information you provide to us
We may receive personal information about you whenever you contact us. For example, by doing the following:
Completing our Contact Form https://www.kjmgroup.co.uk/contact
- Enquiring about our products and services
- Enquiring about, or applying for, job vacancies
- Using and browsing our website
- Telephoning, texting, writing by post or emailing us
- Normal identification information, such as your full name, date of birth, age, gender, marital status
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number
- Additional information relevant to your use of our site and services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
- In respect of our products and services details of your property, your requirements, the details of your installation and your payment details
- In respect of job applications, your CV including details of your education and employment history (and any other information which you may choose to provide to us with your CV)
- Which pages you view and which links you follow
- Your IP address and general location
- Details of the hardware and software that you are using to access the site.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children, however there should be no content that is NOT suitable for children.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
- Referrals from Solidor, Vista doors or any other supplier that you made an enquiry direct with that cant deal with it due to their location.
- Publicly available information, from sources such as Companies House, the Electoral Roll, County Court Judgements and repossessions this may include details about your home, household, vehicles, financial situation and debts
- Information you have shared publicly, including on social media (particularly in respect of job applications)
- If you apply for a job, we may collect information about your criminal record by obtaining a DBS check through
- Information from third party databases or data suppliers, such as commercial property sites, auction sites and credit reference agencies, including details about your home, belongings and creditworthiness.
Contact & Communication
How do we use your personal information?
We take data protection law seriously, so below we have set out exactly how and why we use your information, and what our legal basis is to be able to use your information in each way.
Providing our services
It is necessary for us to use personal information about you to enter into and perform the contracts that we make with you, such as when you order our goods or services. Using your information in this context is necessary so that we can:
- Provide you with information about our products and services, including our availability
- Fit and install our products, provide our services and deal with payments in relation to those.
- Verify your identity
- Deal with any complaints you may have
- Contact you about any changes that we make to our products or services
- Administer our website, including troubleshooting problems, analysing statistics, conducting research and tests and keeping the site secure
Telling you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you
We may use your information to identify and tell you about our products or services that we think maybe of interest to you. We will only do this where you have informed us that you would like to receive marketing communications.
Making our business better
- Review and improve our existing products and services and develop new ones
- Review and improve the performance of our systems, processes and staff (including training)
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- Interact and respond to any communications you send us, including where you use our Contact Form, and any social media posts that you tag us in
- Let you know about any important changes to our business or policies
Protecting you and others from harm
We may use your information where it is necessary to protect your interests, or the interests of others. This may include in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to certify your qualification or provide you with copies of any certificates you request). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Using Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We only use personal information for the purposes outlined above and data will only be held for the timeframe necessary to support these purposes. In particular, we may use your personal inform ation:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including in connection with providing products or services;
- To put in place any insurance backed guarantees relating to the products and installation you have purchased;
- To manage and administer the relationships;
- To comply with our legal obligations and with instructions from 3rd parties or regulators, court orders or protect our legal interests.
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
- To train our staff to continuously improve our services; and
- To analyse our products, services and marketing activity and to carry out market research.
If you tell us we can, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal information to identify additional products and or services that are likely to be of particular interest to you.
We need all the categories of information listed above to allow us to enter into and perform our contract with you*, to enable us to comply with legal obligations**, and in order to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties*** (provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests). The situations in which we will process your personal data are listed below. We have indicated by asterisks the purpose or purposes for which we are processing or will process your personal information.
- Providing our services (*, ***)
- Put in place the necessary insurance backed guarantees (*, ***)
- Interact with third parties in order to ensure the products and services have been delivered to your satisfaction and that the necessary insurance backed guarantees are put in place (*, ***)
- Interact with regulators (**, ***)
- Verifying your identity (*, **, ***)
- Making a decision to supply our products and services. (*)
- Administering the contract we have entered into with you. (*)
- Dealing with any complaints you may have (*, ***)
- Logistics management and planning, including accounting and auditing. (**, ***)
- Making arrangements for the termination of our contract. (*, ***)
- Making repairs, alterations and improvements to the products or services supplied (*, **, ***)
- Dealing with legal disputes involving you (**, ***)
- Complying with health and safety obligations. (*, **, ***)
- To detect and prevent fraud, money-laundering and other crimes. (**)
- To review and improve the performance of our systems, processes and staff (including training). (***)
- To interact and respond to any communications you send us, including social media posts that you tag us in. (***)
- To let you know about any important changes to our business or policies. (***)
- To ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate and up to date. (***)
- To protect your interests, or the interests of others (such as in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud). (**, ***)
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Sharing your information within our company and group
We share the information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can provide our products and services to you
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your data with selected third parties. For example, we will share your data with:
- Glass and Glazing Fedration for the purpose of contacting you to ensure that you are satisfied with our service and in order to put in place a separate insurance backed 10 year guarantee.
- The fabricator of your windows, doors or conservatory who may need your details in order to deliver the products to you or to contact you in the event that you need to rely upon your guarantee.
- FENSA for the purpose of ensuring that the relevant building regulations are fully complied with;
- Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings
- Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public
- Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. Where we provide you with any service (including where you have purchased products from us), we will retain any information you provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service to you.
If you do not accept our quote we will retain your information for 12 months and may contact you during that period to remind you that it is outstanding. After this time frame we will delete your data unless you ask us not to. Where you accept a quote we will retain your information for so long as it takes to complete the installation of your order and thereafter for so long as you have a full and valid insurance backed guarantee in place and/or a service and maintenance contract with us in relation to your installation.
If you apply for a job vacancy (or otherwise send us your CV) we will retain your CV (and any publicly available information, for example from social media) for a period of 6 months. If we are considering you for a particular role, we may retain this information for longer than that period.
How do we protect your personal information?
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
We try to ensure that all information you provide to us is transferred securely via the website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, KJM Group website is an https, so encrypted we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Accessing or amending your personal data
What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
You have the right to be informed
We have a legal obligation to provide you with concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible information about your personal information and our use of it. We have written this policy to do just that, but if you have any questions or require more specific information, you can get in touch using our Contact Form.
- Why we have been using your information
- What categories of information we were using
- Who we have shared the information with
- How long we envisage holding your information
- The information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for
- You withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
- You object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
- We have used your information unlawfully
- We are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information
You have the right to object to direct marketing
You can tell us at any time that you would prefer that we do not use your information for direct marketing purposes. If you would not like to receive any direct marketing from us, please contact us or use the links provided in any of our marketing communications, and we will stop sending direct marketing immediately.
- When we tell you about products or services that are similar to ones that you have already bought
- When we use you information to help us make our business better
- When we contact you to interact, communicate or let you know about changes we are making
We aim to always ensure that your rights and information are properly protected. If you believe that the way we are using your data is not justified due to its impact on you or your rights, you have the right to object. Unless we have a compelling reason to continue, we must stop using your personal data for these purposes.
In order to exercise your right to object to our use of your data for the purposes above, please contact us.
You have the right to restrict how we use your personal data
- You have informed us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, and we have not yet been able to verify this
- You have objected to us using your information for our own legitimate interests and we are in the process of considering your objection
- We have used your information in an unlawful way, but you do not want us to delete your data
- We no longer need to use the information, but you need it for a legal claim.
If you believe any of these situations apply, please contact us.
If you wish to make a complaint about our collection or use of your personal data, please contact us in the first instance so that we may seek to resolve your complaint.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the statutory body which oversees data protection law in the UK. Please visit the ICO website if you wish to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations - Update
v.2.0 April 2018 By: KJM Group Ltd, 9 Mylen Business Centre, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 3HR