Date posted: 05th September 2019
Andover Tennis Club Sponsorship
Andover Lawn Tennis Club are pleased to have arranged a sponsorship deal with window, door and conservatory company KJM. The Andover company were happy to show support for a well established, local sporting facility and agreed a three-year deal with the club.
Mark Pearce (Managing Director) and Anthony Brown (Sales Manager) of KJM are seen here with ALTC's Margaret Winnett (Chairman) along with the club's mens' team sporting their new shirts bearing KJM's logo before their match against East Dorset Tennis Club. The team players are Myles Cole, Harvey Stuart, Gregor Corcoran and Adrian Shapter.
Andover Lawn Tennis club was formed in 1936. At the AGM of the Folly Tennis Club, it was decided to change the name of the club to the 'Andover Lawn Tennis Club' (ALTC). The club played on courts at Andover Cricket Club in Batchelors Barn Road. The club membership fee back in 1936 was 10s (50p!).
In May 2016, ALTC opened its purpose built site near Upper Clatford on the outskirts of Andover. There are 2 tarmacadam indoor courts with 3 tarmacadam floodlight outdoor courts with a clubhouse. The club is looking to further extend the outdoor courts. The club welcomes new members of all ages and abilities.