Complaints – Code of Practice – Pre-Contract Information
Pre-contract information and what to do if you have a complaint
Consumer Contracts Regulations (CCRS)
The law changed on the 13th June 2014 and consumers are required by law to be provided with pre-contract information.
The main points of CCR’s are:-
- The cooling-off period for goods and services sold by distance or by off-premises selling has been harmonised across the EU to 14 days from date of delivery of the products
- There are some important exemptions, one of which is for products “made to the consumer’s specification” – this will include such products as made-to-measure windows made to a consumer’s specific requirements; another is for urgent repairs and maintenance when a consumer invites a trader to their home
- There is a now a list of pre-contract information which must be provided to consumers before a contract is made, including advising cancellation rights and if a trader belongs to a code of conduct. Failure to provide certain items will give a consumer a cooling-off period of up to 379 days, and the trader would be liable to a fine of up to £5,000
KJM Essential Customer Information
- KJM offers a 14 day cooling off period (Required as a Which Trusted Trader), on all new product sales, with the exception of urgent repairs. We also offer the customer the right to waive this, to speed up the delivery process.
- In the event you would like to cancel, you can use either the cancellation form on your contract or you can write to us via post or email – See our Contact Us page for details
- All orders should be marked with an anticipated delivery date, we try and work in blocks of two weeks (i.e 6-8 weeks 8-10 weeks) Delivery times can be affected by staff sickness, pandemics, material shortages and adverse weather.
- KJM normally takes a 25% deposit with order
- Our normal guarantee period is 10 years (see Warranty for exceptions) and is insurance backed through Installsure. In the first instance with a warranty claim always contact KJM directly. Please see our Terms and Conditions for precise guarantee terms
- KJM abides by the GGF Code of Practice. Full details on the link
- A copy of our contract is available on our Terms & Conditions page
- In the event of a complaint, you can contact our Operations Manager by either Telephone 01264 359355, Post 9 Mylen Business Centre, Andover, SP10 3HR or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We endeavour to reply to all complaints within 7 days. In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve your problem, you can approach the Glass and Glazing Federation at 54 Ayres Street London SE1 1EU, who have a free correspondence based conciliation scheme or as a Which? Trusted trader we use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.