At KJM we take our responsibility to the environment very seriously. We will always work within the guidelines of good environmental practice.
Our aims include:
- Using materials from sustainable sources wherever possible
- Reduce unnecessary use of energy and materials
- Keeping creation of waste to an absolute minimum, recycling wherever possible and disposing of waste in a clean, sustainable and responsible manner
- Total compliance with current and future environmental legislation
We are very conscious of our environmental responsibilities as a company and we re-cycle as much as possible.
Our initiatives include:
- All old glass is sorted and separated from our main waste collection
- Complete uPVC frames and gearing are recycled - See Video below
- Veka Infinity Profile Range introduced in early 2011
- All aluminium products are recycled
- Crittal windows & doors are recycled
- Waste cardboard & paper from packaging and office waste reycled
- Vehicle tracking system introduced to our fleet of vehicles in November 2010 to reduce unnecessary journeys and vehicle speeds.
Veka recycling initiative - what happens to the old windows we remove?