KJM in Andover Hampshire can now offer 44mm triple glazed units for the very best in heat insulation. Using Planitherm soft coat (x2) and low iron glass, argon filled with Swiss V warm edge spacer the glass achieves a u-value of 0.62 and combined with our 70mm Veka system, will give a whole window U Value of 0.8.
- Over 40% better insulation than our A rated double glazing
- Over 25% better insulation than our rivals 36mm triple glazing
- Krypton gas option available on 28mm triple glazing
- Laminate glass option for enhanced sound insulation
Triple glazed windows
This types of window offers over 40% better insulation than our "A" rated double glazing. It is in most cases over 25% better insulated than our rivals 36mm triple glazing. We can also offer 28mm triple glazed units (2 x 8mm gaps) filled with krypton gas and 3 layers of 4mm glass (as our 44mm system), which achieves a centre pane u-value of 0.66. We offer this smaller unit because some of our range cannot accept the wider 44mm units and some of our customers prefer the bead detail on the 28mm system. Krypton gas works better on smaller air-gaps than argon, but is more expensive than argon filled units. Either way KJM can provide a triple glazed unit to suit your requirements.
Our Triple Glazing brochure can be downloaded here
Save Energy with Triple Glazing
Triple glazing is widely used in cold climate countries like Sweden and Norway and has been for some time. The physics of triple glazing have been worked out in Germany by the PassivHaus Institute. It has shown what happens to the internal surface temperatures on various forms of glazing when its really cold outside, and the internal air temperature is at 21°C:
- A single-glazed window, the internal surface temperature is around 1°C.
- A typical double-glazed window fitted 10 years ago the surface temperature is around 11°C.
- A modern, energy-efficient double-glazed window, the surface temperature is 16°C.
- A triple-glazed window, with a centre-pane U-value of just 0.65, the temperature is 18°C.
Other advantages of triple glazing are:-
- Improved security over double glazed windows, due to the extra pane of toughened glass
- Sound Insulation? Although there maybe a small improvement over a double glazed unit, there is no major gain having triple glazing with three equal thicknesses of glass. The best solution would be with a thicker centre pane, but there are concerns with the overall weight of the unit and the durability of hinges etc on larger opening windows, but in most cases a standard side opening casement is fine. Please inquire for further information.
Will installing triple glazing cause overheating in the summer?
This is a common misconception, the level of solar gain is actually less than a double glazed unit due to the extra pane of glass and cavity. The overall energy balance of a triple glazed window will ensure that more heat is retained in the room in the colder months of the year. This can cause a small problem in the winter months as the external pane of glass is not being heated from the house and this will result in external condensation in certain conditions. This will generally happen on a cold, clear and still winter's nights and will normally clear quickly in the morning. Further information can be found on our Condensation webpage.
A personal view from KJM's MD on Triple Glazing can also be found on our Blog
Visit our showroom to see triple glazing in Andover
Triple glazing is obviously more expensive than double glazing, but as a comparison it does not add much more than 20-25% to the double glazed costs. This would work out at about £80-£100 on an average size window
Triple glazing across southern England & London including Hampshire, Berkshire, Dorset, Surrey & Wiltshire. Triple Glazing London
We also specialise in
- PorchesIndividually designed and made to measure entrances for your home...
- DoorsWide range of doors, from Composite entrance doors to Bi-folding doors...
- WindowsAn extensive range of windows in uPVC, Hardwood and aluminum...
- FurnitureAdd the finishing touches to your conservatory for the greatest comfort...
- BlindsRoof and window blinds, with a wide range of material designs and colours...
- FansStay cool in your conservatory whatever the weather...
- SoffitsStylish and functional roofline finishing products for replacement or refurbishment...
- FasciasStylish and functional roofline finishing products for replacement or refurbishment...
- ConservatoriesA fully bespoke service with a huge range of styles, we can arrange for electrical work and tiling as well...